Dental Veneers Specialist Q&A
Dental veneers are thin, tooth-colored coverings that are placed on the front surface of teeth to enhance their appearance. Veneers can improve the appearance of a smile while also protecting the enamel of a tooth from damage. If you are facing any cosmetic issues or want a natural appearance of your teeth then contact Smile Dental in Stafford, TX, and get treated by our experienced dentists. We are conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX 77477. For more information, call us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Dental veneers are thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored material (often porcelain or composite) that fit over a person’s teeth to address cosmetic concerns, including the shape, color, size, or length of the teeth. They are often considered a part of cosmetic dentistry, but also have practical applications, such as protecting the teeth from decay and improving an individual’s bite. They are commonly made out of porcelain and provide a natural appearance for the teeth.
A dental veneer is a thin covering that is placed over the front surface of the teeth for cosmetic purposes. They are made of thin, custom-made shells of tooth-colored materials (typically porcelain or composite), and are bonded to the front of the teeth to change their appearance, including the color, shape, or length of the teeth.
There are four main types of veneer:
• Porcelain Veneers — The strongest and longest-lasting of all veneer materials, porcelain veneers naturally merge with gum tissues and surrounding soft tissues in the mouth without causing injury, known as biocompatibility.
• Composite Veneers — Made of a mixture of organic and inorganic materials, composite veneers are strong and are designed to match the natural color of the teeth, much like porcelain.
• Lumineers — Requiring minimal preparation before placement, lumineers are composed of ultra-thin porcelain laminate material. They are commonly used to treat discolored and irregularly shaped teeth and are smooth to the touch, so they also look and feel natural.
• Removable Veneers (Temporary Veneers) — Also called snap-on veneers, removable veneers come in two types: instant and custom-made clip-on.
Yes, veneers are permanent, and although they are not durable, they can last longer if the proper care measures are taken. Modern dental porcelains are stronger than natural enamel, so they do not break easily. On average, well-designed veneers can last for ten years, and with the right maintenance and upkeep, they can last for much longer. The longevity of the veneers depends on personal hygiene, and such things as daily brushing and flossing of the veneers can prevent them from acquiring stains or breaking. However, exposing dental porcelain to dark-colored foods and beverages, including certain berries and coffee, can lead to stains. In addition to this, if the natural teeth beneath the veneers start decaying, they can affect the look of the dental veneers. These porcelains are non-porous; if hygiene and maintenance are priorities, they can resist stains and decay.
There are many benefits of getting veneers:
• Veneers cosmetically repair teeth simply and easily — By applying medical-grade porcelain to the front of the teeth, smiles are more pleasing to the eye.
• Dental veneers offer a natural appearance — The end result of veneers looks incredibly natural, making the often multiple-appointment procedure worth the wait.
• Getting porcelain veneers is a minimally invasive procedure — There are several invasive cosmetic dentistry procedures, but veneers are much less invasive, making them a more attractive option for many people.
• Veneers are a quick cosmetic fix — Veneers can address a long list of cosmetic issues, including chipped teeth; missing teeth; gaps between the teeth; misshapen teeth; and stained or discolored teeth.
• Veneers are permanent and durable — Porcelain veneers are permanent and actually resist decay and staining better than real teeth, thanks to their non-porous properties.
• Maintaining dental veneers is easy — Veneers are low-maintenance and do not require any special care other than brushing and flossing daily.
• Porcelain Veneers are a permanent tooth-whitening option — While some people schedule regular teeth-whitening appointments, others opt for a lower maintenance option, such as veneers.
• Veneers are a viable treatment for enamel loss — While natural tooth enamel is strong, it is not impervious to wear and tear from highly acidic foods, or acid reflux disease.
At Smile Dental, we are dedicated to providing you with all of your veneer needs. Our dentists are experienced providers of veneers and can provide you with natural-looking teeth resistant to wear and tear. Call us today to book an appointment for dental veneers, or visit our clinic in Stafford, Texas today! We serve patients from Stafford TX, Meadows Place TX, Missouri City TX, Sugar Land TX, Fifth Street TX, Dewalt TX, and Trammels TX. We look forward to serving you!