Family Dentistry Services in Stafford, TX
Family dentistry offers preventative and complete oral treatment to patients of all ages. Family dentistry services include exams and x-rays, tooth sanitation, fillings, root canal processes, and crowns for dentures. Our professionals Dr. Jeena Leon Samuel DMD, BDS, FAGD, and Dr. Bryan Boshart, DDS, MS at Smile Dental in Stafford, TX, are experienced in quick and professional dental treatments. Contact us to get a healthy and gorgeous smile. We are conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX 77477. For more details about our services, please call us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
Family dentistry is a dental care model that emphasizes the oral health and well-being of the whole family, from infancy to advanced age. Family dentists take on a broader role than traditional dentists as they provide care for the entire family, not just a specific age group. Family dentists are often the first source of dental care for families, providing preventative care and helping with issues like damaged teeth or gum disease. They have the ability to refer families to other specialists when needed, but can often provide comprehensive care without the need for a specialist.
Visiting a family dental practice provides a number of advantages, particularly for parents with young children. Benefits of family dentistry include:
– Accessibility — Family dentists are pretty accessible because they see people of all ages, which makes getting proper dental care not only convenient but also very easy. From young children to mature adults, all of their issues can be sorted under one roof, making family dentistry establishments a “one-stop-shop” for everything dentistry.
– Versatility — Family dental establishments offer various services, eliminating the need to visit a different specialist for each concern. Of the more versatile family dental practices, like Smile Dental, patients can get everything from professional cleanings to tooth replacement.
– Elimination of Dental Anxiety — Since family dentists take on little kids as patients, they are well-versed in making them comfortable in a dental setting, which is incredibly important to get the most significant benefit from dental services. Kids, in particular, may have a lot of fear and anxiety in regard to the dentist, which can lead to dental neglect and oral health problems down the road if not addressed. Fortunately, family dentists are experienced in helping kids feel at ease and can eliminate their dental anxiety altogether.
– Familiarity — The great thing about visiting a family dentist is that patients can continue seeing the same dentist as they grow older, which is not the case with pediatric dentists (as they only treat children). Kids transitioning into adulthood will not have to switch oral healthcare specialists, making dental visits much easier because of the history and familiarity with the dentist.
– Preventative Care — When multiple members of the same family visit the same dentist, the dentist is more familiar with the family’s dental history, allowing them to provide better preventative care. With this knowledge, the dentist knows what dental issues to look out for, particularly if they are hereditary.
– Consistency — A huge benefit of visiting the same dentist for a prolonged period is that there is a level of trust that exists. The patient knows that they will always receive the same quality of dental care, without any inconsistencies that are inevitable when visiting multiple different dentists.
A family dentist treats both general and specialized needs and can provide care for people of all ages, from early childhood to late adulthood. They often specialize in certain areas of dentistry, such as cosmetic or restorative dentistry. They are trained to provide high-quality dentistry for both children and adults, and they stay up-to-date on the latest dental advances, which enables them to provide better, more comprehensive care. A general dentist provides the same level of care and types of procedures, but the biggest difference is that they do not treat children, only adults.
Family dentistry is important for everyone’s oral health, including children and teenagers, to help prevent tooth decay and other oral diseases. A healthy mouth means fewer cavities, less gum disease, and fewer missing teeth, and visiting a family dentist is the key to having a healthy mouth. Family dentists can also provide patient education to help instill good oral hygiene practices, such as proper brushing and flossing techniques.
Smile Dental is dedicated to providing you with all of your oral health needs. Call us today or book an appointment with our family dentist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Road, Stafford, TX 77477. We serve patients from Stafford TX, Meadows Place TX, Missouri City TX, Sugar Land TX, Fifth Street TX, Dewalt TX, and Trammels TX. We look forward to serving you!