Invisalign Process and Timeline
Invisalign gradually shifts teeth into their proper position. Straightening your teeth with Invisalign is faster than with traditional braces. Most patients complete treatment in one to two years, but traditional braces can take up to three years to produce meaningful improvements. To find out if you’re a good candidate for Invisalign, consult with our experienced Dr. Bryan Boshart, DDS, MS, at Smile Dental. We are conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX 77477. For more details about our services, contact us or make an appointment request online.
Table of Contents
While Invisalign can be a quick and attractive alternative to conventional braces, the treatment process can still take a few months, and in more severe cases, up to two years. The complexity of your orthodontic condition, your age, and your dedication to wearing the aligners are just a few of the variables that affect how long treatment will take.
The first step in the Invisalign process is an initial consultation, during which the orthodontist will assess your teeth and decide whether Invisalign is the best course of action for you. The next step is treatment planning, where a personalized treatment strategy is developed. Once the treatment plan is finalized, the custom aligners will be created and provided to you.
The aligners must be worn for a significant majority of the day during treatment, and they must be changed every couple of weeks. Regular check-ups with the orthodontist are required to track your progress and make any necessary modifications to the treatment strategy.
Depending on how serious your orthodontic problems are, the length of the treatment can vary significantly. While more severe cases may take up to two years or longer to treat, mild cases may only need a few months of treatment. It’s crucial to adhere to the specialist’s recommendations and wear the aligners as instructed to make sure the procedure is as quick and painless as possible.
The Invisalign treatment process involves several stages, including:
– Initial consultation – The first step of the process is a consultation with an orthodontist. During this consultation, the orthodontist will evaluate your teeth and determine whether Invisalign is a suitable treatment option.
– Treatment planning – Once the specialist has determined that Invisalign is an effective treatment option, digital impressions and X-rays of your teeth will be taken. The scans are then used to create a personalized treatment plan.
– Creation of aligners – Based on the tailored treatment plan, a series of custom-made clear aligners will be produced.
– Wearing aligners – Invisalign aligners are usually worn for 20 to 22 hours per day, and changed every 1 to 3 weeks, depending on the treatment plan. Detailed instructions on how to wear and care for your aligners will be provided.
– Check-ups – Regular check-ups with the orthodontist are needed to monitor your teeth’s progress and make any necessary adjustments to your treatment plan.
– End of treatment – Once the final set of aligners is complete, your teeth should be in their desired position. A retainer may be recommended to help maintain the results after treatment.
It’s critical to stick to the recommended treatment plan in order to achieve the best results from the Invisalign process, which is designed to gradually and safely move teeth into the desired position. While it may be tempting to try to hasten the procedure, doing so is not advised because it could jeopardize the quality of the treatment and possibly harm the teeth.
The following recommendations should be taken to ensure the Invisalign procedure goes as efficiently and painlessly as possible:
– Wear aligners as instructed – As advised by the orthodontist, Invisalign patients should wear their aligners for 20 to 22 hours each day to get the best results. This ensures that the teeth are constantly being moved into their desired position.
– Adhere to good oral hygiene habits – Maintaining good oral hygiene is crucial during Invisalign treatment to avoid any problems like tooth decay or gum disease, which could delay the process.
– Attend check-ups – Orthodontic check-ups will enable you to track the course of your treatment and make any necessary modifications. Missing appointments can cause delays and lengthen the course of treatment.
Overall, patience and consistency are key to achieving the best results with Invisalign. Rushing the process can compromise the quality of the treatment and ultimately result in a longer treatment time.
Invisalign may be able to solve both your cosmetic and structural concerns. Visit us today! We are conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX 77477. For more details about our services, please contact us or make an appointment request online. We serve patients from Stafford TX, Meadows Place TX, Missouri City TX, Sugar Land TX, Fifth Street TX, Dewalt TX, and Trammels TX.