Dental Whitening Cost in Stafford, TX
Teeth whitening is an effective way to remove stains and restore the natural whiteness of your teeth. Let’s whiten your teeth with our specialists Dr. Jeena Leon Samuel DMD, BDS, FAGD, and Dr. Bryan Boshart, DDS, MS for a beautiful and confident smile. Contact Smile Dental in Stafford, TX. We are conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX 77477. For more details about our services, call us or schedule an appointment online.
Table of Contents:
How much does it cost to get your teeth professionally whitened?
Is it worth getting your teeth whitened at the dentist?
Is teeth whitening permanent?
How long does professional teeth whitening last?
How do dentists whiten teeth?
Teeth whitening is the process of removing stains or discolorations from the teeth using a whitening agent, such as carbamide peroxide. The whitening agent can be applied to the teeth in the form of a gel, cream, or strip. Teeth whitening is usually performed by a dentist or another healthcare professional, but it can also be done at home, although at-home kits are not nearly as effective as in-office procedures.
The cost of professional teeth whitening is different in each situation and depends on a number of distinct factors unique to each individual. These include:
• The shade of the teeth
• The depth of the stains
• The type of procedure performed
• When teeth were last whitened
• The desired results of the patient
Based on the aforementioned factors, the price can range from a few hundred dollars to over a thousand; this wide range is due to the number of variables involved. For a more accurate estimate of how much professional teeth whitening will cost in your unique situation, call Smile Dental today!
Yes, professional teeth whitening is worth it. While at-home teeth whitening kits can produce viable results, dentists use advanced technology and have a wealth of experience performing teeth whitening, so the quality of the results they provide is significantly higher and more consistent than the results provided by at-home whitening kits.
Although teeth whitening is long-lasting, it is not permanent; diet, lifestyle, and self-care all play a significant role in the longevity of teeth whitening.
The length of time that professional teeth whitening will last is different in every situation and depends on several factors, including:
• Diet — Certain foods and drinks are more prone to staining teeth, including foods such as blueberries; beets; balsamic vinegar; tomato-based pasta sauce; curry; and soy sauce. Drinks that stain teeth include cola and dark sodas; coffee; black tea; and dark juices. Essentially, any food or drink that is dark is more likely to stain teeth. However, certain foods actually prevent staining, including strawberries; apples, pears; pineapple; cauliflower; cucumber; and celery.
• Lifestyle — Many lifestyle factors can also contribute to teeth staining, including using tobacco products such as cigarettes and chewing tobacco; using the antibiotic tetracycline (which can leave gray or brown stains), and wear and tear from brushing that thins the enamel on teeth.
• Self-Care — The last factor that determines how long teeth whitening will last is self-care, including oral hygiene. If one does not take adequate care of their teeth, such as brushing and flossing twice daily, they are more likely to experience stained teeth than if they were to maintain proper oral hygiene.
Based on the aforementioned factors, teeth whitening may last for six months or up to three years; the longevity of results is highly dependent on these factors, which is why the duration’s potential range is so drastic.
Dentists can use a wide number of treatments and procedures to whiten teeth; the most common teeth whitening treatment involves applying a peroxide, such as carbamide peroxide, to the teeth in the form of a gel. The gel is sometimes subjected to a special light that accelerates the whitening process.
If you are looking for a professional teeth whitening service that produces amazing results, come to Smile Dental! Call us today or book an appointment with our teeth whitening specialist, or visit our clinic conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Road, Stafford, TX 77477. We serve patients from Stafford TX, Meadows Place TX, Missouri City TX, Sugar Land TX, Fifth Street TX, Dewalt TX, and Trammels TX. We look forward to serving you!