Braces Cost without Insurance in Stafford TX
At Smile Dental, Dr. Jeena Leon Samuel DMD, BDS, FAGD, and her team of experienced dental professionals are committed to helping you reach your smile goals. Contact us today for more information about our services or to schedule an appointment online. We’re happy to answer any questions that you may have. We are conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX 77477.
Table of Contents:
Braces are often required to correct such issues as overbite, underbite, spacing, and crowding of teeth. The result is healthier teeth placement which can prevent issues from developing down the line as well as a more confident smile.
Depending on your provider, the complexity of your case, and the method of teeth straightening you choose, prices may vary.
Without insurance, traditional braces can cost anywhere from $2000 to $6000. Invisalign, on the other hand, typically ranges from $3000 to $7000. Most dental facilities offer payment plan options so that the cost can be broken up into more manageable monthly payments.
Traditional braces are typically less expensive than an alternative option such as Invisalign and are also just as effective. However, keep in mind that you’ll also have to save room in your budget for possible expenses such as needing repairs if something snaps, additional appointment time, and travel time.
The path to braces can be broken down into five steps. They are:
– The consultation: This initial appointment usually lasts between 30-60 minutes depending on the complexity of your case. During the consultation, your dentist will take molds of your upper and lower teeth and will also perform tests to assess your bite. After this is complete, they will then discuss with you the possible solutions, different treatment options, risks, and limitations. Once you mutually agree on a plan of action, they’ll begin designing your custom treatment plan.
– Bonding: During this appointment, you’ll be fitted with your braces, and brackets, wires, and elastics will be placed on the teeth. For those going the Invisalign route, attachments are placed on the teeth and the aligners are tested to make sure they fit properly. At this stage, proper care for your braces will be discussed and you’ll be sent home with any tools or instructions you need to keep your new braces clean and cared for.
– Periodic adjustments: The next step will be attending routine appointments that are scheduled ahead of time. They typically take place every 6-8 weeks to ensure progress is being made and that adjustments can be made as necessary. For traditional braces, the brackets are typically adjusted and the elastics are changed out. For those with clear aligners, progress will be examined and trays will be checked for accuracy.
– Debonding: During this step, the braces are removed. Or, in the case of those with Invisalign, the last round of trays is complete. Brackets, elastics, wires, and aligners are removed, and the teeth are polished to remove any lingering remnants. The results are photographed and documented before being added to your file. During this stage, your dentist will take an impression if your teeth in order to create your retainer.
– Retainer: Last but not least, you’ll be fitted with your retainer. Your retainer will only have to be worn at night and will ensure that your teeth don’t shift out of place. Periodic appointments will be set to monitor progress and to make adjustments as necessary.
Depending on the complexity of your teeth and the type of teeth straightening method you use, the answer may vary.
With Invisalign, you can expect a treatment period of about 12 months. In comparison, traditional metal braces usually require between 18 and 24 months of wear.
However, the results of Invisalign hinge on wearing your aligners every day for at least 22 hours. If you don’t do this, it will lengthen the duration of your treatment.
Whether you choose Invisalign or traditional braces, following your dentist’s instructions will always yield the best results. For a professional experience that you can trust, contact our dental experts at Smile Dental. We’re happy to answer any questions that you may have about braces or Invisalign so that you can feel confident moving forward with your decision. Contact us today or schedule an appointment online. We are conveniently located at 738 FM 1092 Rd, Stafford, TX 77477. We serve patients from Stafford TX, Meadows Place TX, Missouri City TX, Sugar Land TX, Fifth Street TX, Dewalt TX, and Trammels TX.